Probably most known for her strong vocals and wonderful ability to cover songs like Jessie J’s “Mamma Knows Best” or Eminem’s “Lose Yourself,” Andra Day is one artist that should be known by everyone who appreciates music. Even if you can’t find yourself listening to her daily, no one can deny her incredible vocal range and talent.
This Sunday evening, Andra Day will be delighting us with her skills at U Street Music Hall in DC for a jazzy and soulful affair. If you’ve never heard her music, just prepared to fall in love with this San Diego native this weekend. Her debut studio album, Cheers To The Fall, featured collaborations from artists such as Raphael Saadiq, Questlove, and DJ Jazzy Jeff.
Because of her powerful range and passionate style, she’s often to compared to many of the Greats – Amy Winehouse, Billie Holiday, Eartha Kitt and Adele. However, she’s still able to hold her own identity regardless of how often she may be compared to other artists, which is necessary in the music industry. She also fuses jazz, pop, soul and a little bit of rock to develop her own unique sound.
If you can’t make it this Sunday at 7PM at U Street Music Hall, here are her other upcoming tour dates:
- 10/13/15 in Montreal, QC at La Sala Rossa – Tickets
- 10/17/15 in Boston, MA at Café 939 – Tickets
- 10/18/15 in Washington D.C.at U Street – Tickets
- 10/20/15 in New York, Ny at LPR – Tickets
- 11/2/15 in Vancouver, CA at Biltmore Cabaret – Tickets
- 11/3/15 in Seattle, WA at Columbia City Theatre – Tickets
- 11/8/15 in San Francisco, CA at Rickshaw – Tickets
- 11/10/15 in Santa Ana, CA at The Constellation – Tickets
- 11/11/15 in San Diego, CA at The Casbah – Tickets
- 11/14/15 in Los Angeles, CA at Masonic Lodge – Tickets