On June 12, the doors open on Jurassic World. Here are 5 reasons why it’s going to be awesome:
1. Hybrid dinosaurs. Need I say more?
2. It’s been 22 years since Jurassic Park was released. In that time, advancements in CGI and technology have made it hard to determine exactly what is real and what has been digitally altered. Expect super realistic dinosaurs roaming around a beautiful, lush island.
3. Jurassic World introduces us to a giant seagoing lizard, Mosasaurus. A 60 foot carnivore, Mosasaurus preys on a range of animals, including great white sharks.
4. The casting for the next installment in the franchise couldn’t make me more excited to check it out. Chris Pratt can do no wrong. He’s like an adorable puppy that is impossible to deny. Make him the hero in an action/adventure film and then add dinosaurs? I’d call that a recipe for success.
5. For me, the icing on this prehistoric cake is BD Wong’s reprisal of his role in the original Jurassic Park film. His character, Dr. Henry Wu, is the chief geneticist and the only character from the former films to make a reappearance. Law and Order: SVU addicts like me might be more familiar with him as Dr. George Huang, psychologist and FBI profiler. In any role, Wong is amazing and I’m excited to see him back.
With that being said, June 12 can’t come fast enough for me. I can already taste the popcorn butter and hear the screeches of the velociraptors…